Over the past several weeks, while we’ve all been staying in and working from our home offices and kitchen tables, the Green Light Wireless team spent some time focusing on the customer experience of our brand. We reworked our logo, and restructured our website in order to make it easier for our customers to navigate.
Are you paying to access only part of the Internet?
As you’ve likely heard, the FCC has rolled back government oversight preventing Internet Service Providers (ISPs) from prioritizing traffic on their networks. This could mean that sites that don’t pay ISPs for priority service could be the victim of bandwidth throttling. At Green Light Wireless, we don’t think think this is right; our customers pay for access to the entire Internet and that’s what we provide. Since we’re a small, local company, we value many of the same things that our customers hold dear – including fair play. To be clear, Green Light Wireless is and always has been committed to treating every web destinations equally; handling every packet on our network the same. After all, you don’t only pay to access some websites, you pay for access to the entire Internet. That’s been the case since the beginning and will not change.
- Green Light Wireless does not and will never prioritize customer traffic on our network. (We are a net-neutral ISP.)
- We do not collect or store your network traffic, and therefore have no data to sell to advertising agencies.
- We are part of your community and pride ourselves in being a company you can be proud to support!
- As a private business, we fully control our entire distribution network. We own every piece of equipment responsible for delivering the Internet to your home and do not rely on any subcontractors to manage our network for us.
- Green Light Wireless was formed with the intention of being an Internet service provider that people enjoy working with. In short, we strive to be the company “the others aren’t”.